Saturday, September 4, 2010

I've been beading!

Hello!

My mom gave me THE most gorgeous Imperial Topaz stone......

The picture does not do it justice! I took several pictures using several different settings and this is the best one.

This is what I did with it last night....


Again, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's MUCH prettier in person. And I don't know if I want to embellish this or not. Maybe just make a bail and hang it on a gold chain? Ideas? I used rainbow amber Delicas and 15s and gold plated Charlottes.

Here's another cabochon I did a few nights ago.....

I'm really pleased with the way this one turned out. I'm not sure what the stone is, but I used rainbow emerald and bronze 11s and 15s. Not sure how I'm going to finish it. *Edited* I didn't realize the thread showed so much! I have to work on that!

My mom also gave me a platform rocking chair that she just had re-upholstered. Allie is checking it out.

Here is a close up of the fabric. This chair belonged to my great, great-aunt, Noni.

I love it and it is very comfortable. I need to rearrange so that I have a table available near the chair so I can sit and stitch or crochet.

That's all for now! Have a great labor day weekend!

Eskie smiles,


No comments:

Post a Comment