Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rotation Sunday

Well, it's a gloomy, gray, and rainy but warm (51) day. A good day to stitch, clean, and watch the COLTS BEAT THE JETS!
Here's where I left off on Angel of Spring.

It doesn't look like I got much done, but I did. Her wings are almost completely done. I started it so long ago that the whites don't match now. I'm going to take it off the frame and soak it in some orvus to see if I can get the top of her wings cleaner.
Here's the new project for the week.

It's called Antique Alphabet by Pat Rogers and I'm doing it over 1 on antique white Belfast with DMC. It's been quite a long time since I started this one too!
So far, I'm enjoying my rotation schedule! There was a Hoosier Stitcher's get together yesterday in Noblesville. I worked on the hardanger piece because the angel was just too big to get out and work on comfortably. I also worked on a crocheted baby blanket that I'm doing for a friend's daughter who is pregnant with a girl. It's called Hearts and Bows and it's in pink and will have hearts, bows, ribbons and ruffles!
My youngest niece came by last night and brought me these.

There are a dozen of them and they smell wonderful and really brighten up this gloomy day!

Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful roses! What a nice niece. Is it your birthday or was it "just because"? Good luck with the orvus. Where did you find it? I used to see it at JoAnne's but haven't found any lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH- pretty!!! (The stitching AND the roses, lol!)

    ReplyDelete