Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

It's been a while since I posted - Sorry! But I do have some good news, I hope! My youngest son just called - my DIL is pregnant and they are on their way to the hospital! We may have a baby today! Woo hoo! She's not due for another month, but her doc already said she didn't think she'd make it that long. My DIL is very tiny - the baby is all in the front and she has dropped. So while I'm anxiously waiting by the phone, I thought I'd post an update. By the way, the baby's name is Jasper Drake and yes, they are Twilight fans.

I *finally* finished putting together the Traveling Stitcher and Needlebook pieces. Here is a picture.
I think they turned out very well. The larger piece is a pocket behind the stitched piece - I only sewed it down on the sides and bottom.

I also finished a floss ring tag. The two I've made are pretty big, so I will use them on the floss rings of big projects. Here is a picture of the latest tag.
Last weekend, I drove to Chicago for a hardanger class with Betsy Evans of Charter Oak Designs. Betsy is a good friend of mine and the class was wonderful! We learned a lot of new filling stitches. There were about 12 of us in the class and I drove the farthest for it. About 7 were from the Chicago area and 3 were from the Bloomington/Normal, IL area. We had a great time! And, there is a shop in Lemont, IL that if you are ever in the area, you need to check it out! It's called Inspired Needle and it is a beautiful store! The owner is also a friend of mine and it was great to see her! I'd met her at the NCCSS (which is no more, sadly) about 5 or 6 years ago - give or take. She just opened this shop in November and it really is a very nice shop! Wish I lived closer to go back! She also has a website for her shop - www.inspiredneedle.com.

I bought a new camera before my trip and I love it! It is a Kodak EasyShare Z1285. The above pictures were taken with it. I'm having a blast with it! Here are a couple pictures that I took when I first got it, just playing around.

These were baby geese laying in the middle of a very busy road! When I pulled up to them, they took off with their wings in the air! They looked so funny! I forgot that I can take video with this new camera, or I would have caught them in action.

Well, I think that's all for today, unless I have a new grandson soon! I will be sure to post when I know anything.

See ya!~~

No comments:

Post a Comment