Monday, May 4, 2009

Another small finish

Well, it's been a while since I updated this. I made my last finish into a floss ring tag and I am pleased with the way it turned out.


I have another piece finished that I want to make into a floss ring tag too. I can see these are going to be as addictive as biscornus. For my first one, I don't think it's too bad. I have a "crop-a-dile" to set the eyelet in. It sure was fun to do!

I've been pretty busy since my last post. The weather has finally turned nice here and I've been walking the dog as much as I can. I also have my 2nd job back!!! YAY!! My boss figured out a way to keep me. I spent 4 1/2 hours working there this past Saturday.

I bought a 3 month pass to the town's recreation and aquatic center. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I quit smoking (7 weeks tomorrow!) so I've been going down there as much as I can also. I've used an elliptical machine, walked the track a few times, and went down yesterday for a yoga class. Boy, am I sore today from that class! I stayed home this evening. I was going to go down for a Zumba class - an aerobic exercise class using Latin dance moves - looks like fun! - but I was too sore and decided to just stay at home this evening. There's another one tomorrow evening that I will go down for. I also have a new swim suit that fits, so I will start swimming too.

I've made quite a bit of progress on A Quaker Prayer but haven't taken a picture yet. I will take a picture of it and the piece for the next floss ring tag and post it in a day or so.

Last Saturday, the 25th, was my step-grandson's 2nd birthday party at my DIL's mother's house. It was a gorgeous, warm day - about 82 F! - and Gabe had a great time! He received a lot of presents and everyone had a good time. I came home and took a nap - My first day being outside so much just wore me out! LOL!

Can't think of too much else to post right now, so I'm off to stitch on something or put together another floss ring tag.

See ya!~~

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish. What a great idea to make floss rings. I see you figured out your hit counter too. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish looks great congrats. Keep up the workout! I have 8 lbs to drop myself.
    DLS

    ReplyDelete