Monday, July 5, 2010

Finish finish, stash, and a break

Hello! I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! I've got quite a bit to share today.

First is a picture of some floss that I dyed myself a while back and finally got them wound on to floss bobbins. I used white and pastel flosses to dye. It was so much fun!

I got this book in the mail last week. Lots of pretty projects in it!

And this one jumped out at me. I have no idea why, because this isn't usually my "style" but I've started it. I forgot to get a picture of it, but I'm doing it on 40 count cream linen using DMC floss.

This is a goodie bag that I have had stitched for forever and finally got it put together. It was a freebie from At River's End . There are 6 patterns for Goodie Bags and I've done all 6, but only have 3 or 4 left. I used them as gift bags for jewelry. Edited to add - they are all stitched on pastel shades of Belfast (32 ct) linen using DMC or Anhor floss and Mill Hill beads.

Next is a finish finish. I had this ornament stitched up for quite a while and finally got it put together. The pattern was from a book - one of the many Christmas books. I stitched it on 28 ct. "sparkly" Cashel using DMC and Mill Hill Beads. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Next is the "America" piece I stitched a couple weeks ago. This is the backing I used and I finished it into a pin pillow. I may add some white cording, but not sure yet.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out. My finishing skills are slowly getting better.

And finally, my snip-its jar went from this.....

to this.....

I guess I'll have to make a trip to my LNS to replace it!

I have more to share, but will do that another day.

I hope everyone is having a great summer and staying cool!

Eskie smiles,


3 comments:

  1. The recipients of your earrings in a goodie bag are lucky indeed! All of your finishes look wonderful. It's too bad about the jar; I'm sure it will be awful to go to your LNS to replace it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Such a lot of stuff and all gorgeous!!!

    You should check out the "Totally Useless SAL" which is actually a bunch of stitchers who show off their ort jars each month. Your little jar was way cute, but a clear jar shows off the remnants better and will earn you a place in a fun blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to fix your snippets jar I have a really easy way to do it (if you have all the pieces you won't ever be able to tell it even broke!) All you do is "paint" the raw, broken edges with evaporated milk (NOT condensed!!!) press the pieces together and it'll be as good as new. I promise.

    ReplyDelete