Saturday, May 29, 2010

A long overdue update

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks since I last posted! Lots to share.

This first photo is of the house that my grandparents used to own. It's a log cabin on 20 acres in a nearby town. A cousin I'd never met came to visit a couple weeks ago and I took him up to see the place. The current owners live next door and rent this to their 'handyman'. My cousin's father was my grandfather's favorite nephew and passed away before he could visit or get in touch with my mom. My grandfather was from Bulgaria and left home at 18 years of age. My cousin, Stoyan, has lived in the states (CA) for about 3 years and just was able to come visit. We had a great weekend visit with him!

This is one of the 4 Great Pyrenees that belongs to the owner of the property now.

This is Tom, Stoyan, and Sean

I have a few finishes to share too! This is from the January/February 2002 issue of JCS and was supposed to be a scissors fob, but I think it's too big for that. I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it. Cherry red quilt scissors fob designed by Erica Michaels.

This is the bookmark that was designed for our Spring retreat and I can't find the chart to tell you who designed it! I still need to attach it to a brown ribbon. *Edited to add - The design is by The Stitching Parlor*

This is a pendant that was also designed for our retreat by Carousel Charts, LLC. Cute, isn't it?

This was a freebie by Glory Bee that our LNS kitted up for us for retreat. Not sure what the fabric is, but it was hand dyed by the owner of Fancy Works and I used the DMC threads that came with it. The red and white stripes are done using the double tied oblong cross. I love the way this turned out!

I took my cousin the the race track (Indianapolis Motor Speedway - home of the Indy 500 race that is tomorrow!) on opening day and this was a painting in the museum. Very beautifully done!

One of the many camaros that were in a parade that day.

Almost the whole crew - L-R Stoyan with Jack, Sean holding Connor, my niece Candie with her daughter Sierra, Anna behind her, Andrea holding Jasper, Tom behind her, and my sister. Sneaking out of the picture on the right is Candie's son, Paul.

My mom, Stoyan, and my dad. It was my mom's father who was from Bulgaria.

Well, I think that's enough for now! I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. We're going to cookout tomorrow (weather permitting) and listen to the race.

To all of you who have loved ones in the military and to all of the ones who have lost loved ones in the military - Thank you!

Eskie smiles,



No comments:

Post a Comment