Monday, April 6, 2009

Quick update

Well, the last week has been so eventful! A week ago yesterday, I hurt my back and missed most of the week of work last week. At one point, I could barely walk without pain and vicodin wasn't helping. I'm much better now, thank goodness, after starting my exercises back up and using an ice pack on my back.
I went to a spring retreat with the Hoosier Stitchers group in Mitchell, Indiana from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. We had SO much fun! Stitching, eating, laughing, stitching, and just enjoying everyone's company. There were also a few classes, of which I took 2 - a beaded ornament and a fabric dyeing class. Both were great and I got several pieces of dyed fabric! We also had a "Dirty Santa" grab bag which was great fun! The other 2 classes were beaded trim and a beaded scissors fob. I got a lot of stitching done, too. I started and finished the "needles" part of the Traveling Stitcher. I also finished assembling the rose emery by Anita's Little Stitches. I haven't taken pictures yet, but will try tomorrow. I also got a lot of stitching done on an SAL that should have been done in December!
Stopped at a shop on our way home on Sunday (owner was at the retreat too) and shopped. I will take pictures of that stuff too and post. I got quite a few goodies!
Ran into some bad weather on the way home yesterday. Heavy rain and lightening. There was some flooding too south of where I live. The rain finally stopped around 8 or 9 p.m. (I think) last night, we had snow showers today, and there is a freeze warning tonight! Before we left the retreat yesterday, we were sitting outside in the sun and short sleeves! Crazy spring weather.
Well, that's it for today. I"m still tired from the busy weekend. See ya!~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment